December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I know my posting activity has slowly been dying, but I will be changing that over the break/sprucing up the blog a bit. It was a long and stressful semester, but I'm very happy that I finished strongly, so now I can chill over the holidays and rest easy. One more class to take, and I'm DONE. And while the waiting game continues, it's only good times from here on out...
Enough of the small talk. Let's go onto the food. For the break, some family came back home, so we had a pre-Christmas feast at my cousin's/-in-law's.
They had grilled up some lemon chicken and tri tip(sorry no picture of that, was too busy eating). We were all starving by the time we got there, having to deal with some horrible traffic, and let me tell you, I ate way too much that night. Also a thumbs up to the salad (no picture), which I had 4 helpings of.

Some Duvel to get the party started.
My other cousins also made some brownies for dessert, and this blurry picture does not do this any justice...It had a good balance, and I enjoyed that it was dense but at the same time cakey.
As I sat there gluttonously stuffing my face, enjoying good company, and playing Taboo, I thought to myself, this is what the holidays are all about, and it was great to just enjoy the night without having any worries at all. Thanks to my cousins who made this all happen.
Merry Christmas everyone!

4 rah rah rahs:

Dennis K. said...

Merry Christmas Sawyer! Loving the new format and glad you brought back the dog! (Looks like the Sphinx) :)

KirkK said...

Happy Holidays Sawyer! That's quite a spread.

kirbie said...

Merry Christmas! Your pre-Christmas feast looks amazing! And I totally agree. Stuffing your face, spending time with family, playing board games is definitely what the holidays are about. =)

Anonymous said...

A belated Merry Christmas, Sawyer!! Looks like you had a wonderful spread for Christmas. Love playing Taboo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin