December 26, 2009

gone fishin

This month's adventure is brought to you by Transderm Scop.

I went deep sea fishing for sand dabs with some friends last weekend at San Pedro's 22nd Landing. Way too early for all of us...

Cutting up the squid for bait...

and putting it on our 10 hook line and waiting while the pelicans eyed the poles. Some of these guys would try to jack you as you were pulling your fish up.

Winna. It was more manual labor than fishing, but still fun. Great money value since there was no limit. Everyone caught at least 60 of these babies.

Took a break every once in a while and went into the kitchen. Coors light for breakfast anyone? The true breakfast of champions right there.

She made an awesome cheeseburger.

Closeup. I ended up getting two. First time she added some bacon. Second time, she put in some jalapenos. Everything fresh and delicious.

Two people caught Mako sharks.

I had one on my line, and I lost it. That could have been me, enjoying a tasty shark steak. =**(

It was so peaceful and quiet out there, and thanks to the patch, I didn't get seasick either. I came home, stinking of fish, took a shower, cleaned the fish, pan fried the tasty morsels, ate em, and passed out.

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday...

5 rah rah rahs:

Mike said...

Looks like a great day! I've never had a sand dab, but I've heard they are pretty good eating.

Dennis K. said...

All I can remember when my cousin took me out was getting horribly sea sick! I'm glad you had a great time though. :)

kirbie said...

Hehee. I was thinking the same thing as Dennis. My first thought, was "ooh how fun." And my second thought was "I'd never be able to do something like that, I would get so seasick."

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I remember the first time I used a patch when I was invited on a short cruise on a destroyer. I wasn't seasick but boy, I had dry mouth/throat like nobody's business. Couldn't swallow for nothing. Now, I just pop ginger pills and candy.

imjustatree said...

they are def. pretty good. the captain suggested dipping them in some meal and frying em up...i'm gona try that w/ the leftovers i got.

the patch is the real deal folks although there are some side effects. i did have cotton mouth too, but I'd take that any day over feeling nauseous

Blog Widget by LinkWithin